Unlikely Companions: The Adventures of an Exotic Animal Veterinarian (Or, What Friends Feathered, Furred, and Scaled Have Taught Me about Life and Love) - Laurie Hess
My Review:
This was a delightful book that dealt with some tender subjects in a very sensitive way. Nothing was glossed over or skipped over. Animals died. People grieved. But such things were handled so that I could read it all without breaking down crying and not being able to read on. The search for the source of the poison was realistic. The characters were well written and interacted quite well. We didn't get to know any of the characters in great depth, but we knew enough to be engaged in the story, which was well written. The author wrote about the tiny sugar gliders so well, so lovingly, that I was almost tempted to get one for myself. Definitely a book for animal lovers to read!

I was provided a digital copy of this book by DaCapo Press and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I am not being compensated in any way. All opinions are fully my own.
~ Judi E. Easley