Out of Practice (Breakup Doctor #4) - Phoebe Fox
This is the only book in this series that I've read and this is the fourth and last one. Not exactly the best place to start a series. Typically I would go back and read the previous books, but this time I didn't. Maybe I would have been more taken with the characters if I had read the whole series, but I didn't. I felt like a lot of the relationship between Brook and Ben had already happened and that I needed someone to bring me up-to-date on it. It was strange and sort of flat up until the end when they finally actually put some effort into getting married.

Brook's experience on the TV show was horrifying and so cruel. Then to have the newspaper editor take Madison's notes and recording and rewrite her article about Brook so soon afterwards. All this very public embarrassment causes Brook to pull back from all her involvements and doubt herself. But talks with the people in her life help her work through what is important to her and find her way. Once she gets her thoughts straight, she charges ahead putting all the aspects of her life in place. She paves the way for HEA.

I think I would have liked some of the previous books in this series, but I'm not going to go back and read them at this point. This book has such a forward motion and emotion to it, that going back just isn't an option. So, if you want to read this book, I strongly encourage you to read books one through three first. Then you will be ready to read and enjoy book four thoroughly.

I was provided a digital copy of this book by Henery Press and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I am not being compensated in any way. All opinions are fully my own.
~ Judi E. Easley